Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Boys will be boys

I am excited as i look forward to the challenges that Will be brought by the changes coming my way. As Tate has gotten older I have realized how much harder being a parent can be..yet how extremely rewarding it is! I think being a mom has taught me to enjoy the little things in life!

I can't say that I don't have my worries...tonight I was very discouraged...it had been a ridiculously long day and Tate seemed to be testing my patience over and over. Usually my patience is good with him but he was continuously doing things that could end in him being seriously hurt so with that stressing me out I couldn't help but wonder what I'll do in days where Tate is like that along with.his Partner in crime lily brother.

Sure enough he did get hurt, luckily it ended up a lot better than it couldve been...he climbed onto the top of the piano today..the toilet...the desk in the office, the bar stools, on top of his lil tv, and from the couch onto the end tables. Seriously...that is no exaggeration, ALL IN ONE DAY. Yet he didn't get hurt doing those things it was the last place he climbed after he had gotten a little more daring! I saw him in the living room after he had climbed onto an ottoman that was near the coffee table, i wasn't surprised at all...I watched him start to bounce as I walked towards him and then all of the sudden he fell backwards hitting head first into the coffee table. I knew for sure from the sound it made that there would be blood and we would be in the ER just days before our insurance kicks in. Surprisingly his head was cut but not deep and it swelled but not enough to split his head. I still felt no relief...just more of a hopeless what the neck am I going to do kind of feeling! I have a lot of very paranoid years ahead of me..I guess that's life as a boy's mom! I love you Tate, my crazy lil boy..!

No comments:

Post a Comment