Sunday, November 18, 2012

So..we made it through Halloween, barely..haha And now we are days away from Thanksgiving. I have been busy and when your busy time passes SOO quickly.

I had a bit of a crazy day yesterday and when I finally laid down to go to sleep I couldn't sleep thinking about everything in life that I not only take for granted but get upset over.
Yesterday I had two photo sessions, actually 3..but we won't go there. I was running around all day and just not really able to relax without having to think about what I should be doing. I was cleaning and editing and getting ready for sessions all at pretty much the same time..With a little bit of messes mixed in--as usual.

But at the end of the day I realized that in those crazy days I need to take a few more minutes out for my boys and do the things they want to do, even when I "NEED" to do way too many other things.


I had Tate in the bathroom while I was showering yesterday and all of the sudden got a huge wiff of nail polish. I never paint my nails anymore so I don't even know where it came from..But I slide open the shower door and he just looks at me as he holds out his hand,," Look mom, cute, so beautiful" in his cute lil voice that he has. I probably should've been a little more upset over all of the nail polish spilled on the floor but I just laughed (and he ran back to the bottle to paint his one nail that he missed) He did a really good job too, I was surprised! I guess there's no need for manicures anymore when he could do them for me! haha

Then a few hours passed and he says to me "LOOK MOM! A shark..." as he pointed to the wall in our hallway, with a pen in his hand. Looks like we'll need to do some more painting..
We thought we were done with the "Wall art" phase. But then again, some day I will miss that!

Tate and Beck are partners in crime already! They are both mischievious and so smart! Tate opened the fridge and Beck got a hold of the chocolate syrup..By the time I realized it he already had it dripping down his clothes..I didn't even get a picture, dangit!

A little later in the day I was getting the boys ready for bed, Beck was out of the bath, diaper on,  when all of the sudden he decided to go headfirst into the bath with Tate! I was so frustrated since I had just gotten him dried off but Tate thought it was funniest thing ever. So I pulled Beck out of the bath and set him on the counter to put a new diaper on and of course somehow his pjs got knocked into the sink and he had on the faucet..There are very few warm pj's that fit this kid so I had to dig through all of their clothes to find anything that would serve the purpose. Life is never boring--that's for sure! lol



Then I started thinking of things I already miss--I miss Tate going straight to the cabinet filled with pots and pans the second we got home from anywhere. He would sit there with a spoon and a bowl all day if I let him. Then we got cabinet locks and he just forgot about it. It's funny that that's kind of sad to me now. I used to think it was the funniest thing..

Beckham is catching up quickly. He is "walking" so good; He can take several steps and is so strong but of course crawling is still easier for now. I think he is into everything just as bad if not worse than Tate was.
Beck's FAVORITE thing is to pull all of the toilet paper off the roll...
BUT he also loves to empty any trashcan or trashbag that he finds
He always takes my usb out when I am loading pictures to the computer
& I catch him trying to choke on something everyday!
Boys will be boys! haha

Beck is saying momma & dadda
He waves hi & bye
& Today I swear he was trying to lead the music at church--so funny!
He is the sweetest lil chunky kid and he LOVES his older brother.

They both got very handsome haircuts this week--Beck looks so much older without his long hair!
Sad, but I love it.

Today I am thankful for the plan of salvation, and for the time I had with Lorin and the amazing person that he was. He passed away 4 years ago today, such a hard and sad day that was. I am grateful for the few months that I knew him and grew so close to him, the impact that those couple months have had on my life is far reaching and I am continually blessed for having  known him. He is missed so much by all of us but I know he is watching over us. We will see him again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment