Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I can not get enough of my two handsome boys. BUT This morning was one of those mornings--One of the mornings where you kinda want to cry, kinda want to pull your hair out, even if my boys have already ripped out what they could. haha Most of the time I can just laugh but sometimes I do let it stress me out a bit. Tate is at that point of doing things for a reaction, well he must love me a lot because he ALWAYS gets a reaction. I can't just sit there and watch him trail toilet paper from the bathroom down the hallway, or empty the trash can, or even dip everything in the toilet. It's funny to me a few hours later but not very funny in the moment. I do love that curious little boy. & I love his brother, who I predict will make a great partner in crime someday!! I have come to the conclusion that I wouldn't cherish the sweet moments so much, or find such great reward in being a parent, if it weren't for the days like today. So crazy, exhausting days can be a blessing...And like my mom always says,someday I will miss the toilet paper trails. I don't doubt that I will, it is a huge part of what makes that cute lil person who just happens to be my Favorite blonde haired boy.
I do have to say I am very proud of him. He is the SMARTEST lil one and a half year old I know, and that is no thanks to me teaching him. (the Iphone, maybe) but even then I don't know where he gets his genius from!! Haha He brings me lifesavers and can tell me what color they are..He only knows green and purple but still..And he can tell you what a triangle, circle, star and a heart is. The best part is it's not even something we really practice. My mom actually drew a triangle just to be funny since he was telling us the other shapes and he without hesitation blurted out "TRIANGLE" it was a great laugh. He amazes me more every day. Also I happened to say out of frustration this morning "How old are you?" and in his cute little way, not realizing my tone he replied, "one." I was instantly cured of my frustration;) Funny how that works! Now he is asleep and I miss him, even if he's just in the other room. Beck is sure a smiley little guy right now. He is definitely one way or the other, he screams his head off or can't help but giggle or smile at you. He is loud and likes to shreak..He also loves to roll around--EVERYWHERE. You can't put him down without him instantly trying to roll over, and he is already finding his way out of his carseat if it's unbuckled. Tate did the same at 4 months, so he is staying pretty on track with big brother. However, there is one HUGE difference. I am pretty sure Beck is the size of an average 7-8 month old, yes, he's only 4 months and I would guess he weighs nearly 17 pounds. He is solid! He drinks no less than 6 ounces every couple hours and absolutely lovess to eat! I love having him so chunky, except when I have to heave him into the carts at the grocery store. That is NOT so fun. I am grateful that his big brother is starting to notice and love him more. He still does not want to hold him and pushes him away pretty much everytime and gets absolutely DISGUSTED and freaks out when he spits up. (He will literally frantically run around and try to clean it up with anything he thinks might do the job, if you can imagine--pillows, bags, etc.). I am looking forward to Beck being up and about, mostly because I know Tate will love him so much more when he can do some of the things that he does. Right now I think he thinks he's pretty boring..and gross:) which is sad, but he doesn't know any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment